TP-Link AC6 - 2.4ghz keep dropping and my devices connected to that network stop functioning.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link AC6 - 2.4ghz keep dropping and my devices connected to that network stop functioning.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-20 09:06:43 - last edited 2021-02-20 03:53:17
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hello I have some very annoying issue with my 2.4 ghz network on my router. The 5ghz and the wierd connection is very stable no issue there. But my 2.4 ghz network keeps droping almost every day. All of my smart devices stop function and they stay disconnected until I restart the router. But in general is very annoying doing that every day which makes me thing there is some issues with the Router or the firmware. If any tips or ideas would be much appreciated!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link AC6 - 2.4ghz keep dropping and my devices connected to that network stop functioning.-Solution
2021-01-27 09:05:13 - last edited 2021-02-20 03:53:17

@Kevin_Z 

I've installed it and will monitor it over the next few days and see if the issue appears again.

EDIT

For now since i've installed the custom firmware before 3 weeks ago i didn't had any issues. Hope The new Firmware will be releaseed soon. So i get rid of the "Beta" background everywhere :)

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC6 - 2.4ghz keep dropping and my devices connected to that network stop functioning.
2021-01-21 07:04:49

@AKovachev 

Hi, you may check this article and see if the beta firmware helps:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:TP-Link AC6 - 2.4ghz keep dropping and my devices connected to that network stop functioning.-Solution
2021-01-27 09:05:13 - last edited 2021-02-20 03:53:17

@Kevin_Z 

I've installed it and will monitor it over the next few days and see if the issue appears again.

EDIT

For now since i've installed the custom firmware before 3 weeks ago i didn't had any issues. Hope The new Firmware will be releaseed soon. So i get rid of the "Beta" background everywhere :)

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP-Link AC6 - 2.4ghz keep dropping and my devices connected to that network stop functioning.
2021-02-20 03:53:12

@AKovachev 

Good to know that, we will release an official version in the future, keep an eye on the website or on your C6's web interface.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1301

Replies: 3

Related Articles