AX50 QOS worsen the performance and TX50E is always disconnected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-30 05:47:22
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought a AX50 to replace my Tenda AC15 because I want to embrace Wifi 6. I bought it last year and I also bought TX50E to replace my dongle which is AC1200. Sadly, the performance is not up to par. below are the reason why I say this :

AX50 Router:

1. After I bought AX50, I realized heat is a problem. I bought fan to resolve it. 
  2. My line is 500Mbps, no matter how I set , the highest I can get is 300 mbps at most on cable. My lousy AC15 can go up to 500Mbps. I suspect this is caused by QOS itself as different setting in QOS give different result. Sadly there is no was to disable it even the support team mentioned that putting it as standard will be considered turning off. This is not correct. If I change QOS setting for Downloading(max out at 330Mbps) it can get better speedtest than standard setting (max out at 230Mbps)
  3. I just bought Oculus Quest 2 to stream my game from my PC. there is a lot stuttering and no matter how I change the configuration on both VR, PC and the router, it is always stutter. I end up taking my Tenda AC15 back online to just test it out if it is router issue. Once I connect back my old router. there is no more stuttering. It is confirmed that AX50 is poorly made and the QOS is next to rubbish. 

TX50E:

1. Everytime I am on heavy gaming like Division 2, I end up disconnected halfway down the game and the Wifi is disconnected. I need to manually reconnect back
  2. Some support team mentioned to install the driver from a given link to intel web, it is still the same. 
  3. Wifi 6 supposed to speed up the performance, but I just got 180-230 Mbps range. My previous AC1200 usb dongle can easily reach 250-280Mbps. 

I still put a hope in TP link to look into this and resolved it. As of now, I have shelf both of it in to the box. I don't even want to sell it because I believe selling a bad item to other people is not a good thing to do.

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX50 QOS worsen the performance and TX50E is always disconnected
2021-01-30 13:41:33

@diablo80 

I can't tell if it's possible or not to turn QOS completely off again once you've logged in with a TP-Link ID, but if you never log in with a TP-Link ID in the first place (like when the router was new or after a Factory Default Restore), then the QOS (and also Antivirus and Parental Controls) should be indeed off and the flow of data not be slowed down by it. 
Maybe it's worth a try if the gaming is most important to you.

Options
Re:AX50 QOS worsen the performance and TX50E is always disconnected
2021-01-31 07:48:41

@woozle 

woozle wrote

@diablo80 

I can't tell if it's possible or not to turn QOS completely off again once you've logged in with a TP-Link ID, but if you never log in with a TP-Link ID in the first place (like when the router was new or after a Factory Default Restore), then the QOS (and also Antivirus and Parental Controls) should be indeed off and the flow of data not be slowed down by it. 
Maybe it's worth a try if the gaming is most important to you.

Hmm.... let me try this method later... Will update if its working.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 975

Replies: 2

Related Articles