My Chromecast is unable to connect to Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-02 17:30:33
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Since last couple of days, my Chromecast is unable to connect to my WiFi. I tried factory reset on Chromecast multiple times without any luck. I tried with my Phone hotspot and it works. I am unable to find specific router settings to enable Chromecast connection. Kindly help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:My Chromecast is unable to connect to Wifi
2021-02-04 08:13:04

@Subbu007 

How about other devices, are they still connected to the Archer C6 2.4G network fine? You may try to login to the web interface page of the C6, then go to 2.4G Wireless Settings page, change the channel to 11, then reboot the router as well as the Chromecast, then confirm again.

Here is the guidance to change the wireless settings: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-04 08:21:22
Thanks Kevin, Will try the changes mentioned. All other devices (Laptops and Phones) work fine on the same Router using WiFi. Only the Chromecast is an issue since few days (used to work for a month, trouble started since last week). Thanks, Subbu
Options
2021-02-04 14:30:52
Sorry, the Channel selection to 11 didn't work. By the way I have dual band router. All other devices are connecting but not Chroimecast Ultra. My Earlier router was tp-link Archer C20, it used to work fine. Even the C6 router worked fine till last week, doesn't work now. I tried with my old router today, same results
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3478

Replies: 3

Related Articles