Deco M5: no wifi or wired connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-02 20:07:56
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.51

I have two Deco M5s v3 fw1.5.1 (router mode) and a few weeks ago random previously wifi connected devices (phones, computers, etc) would no olonger be connected. Whent attempting to You would be prompted to enter the wifi password and ultimately never receive an IP address so a self assigned IP would be the result. This would happen on the guest network as well. So two weeks ago I factory reset both M5s and started from scratch. As soon as everything was up and running some devices would not receive an IP. Forgetting the network and resetting network settings would sometimes work but it was never a permanent fix. Now it's happening with both wired and wireless devices but at the same time there are other devices (phones, game console, apple tv) are connecting via wifi/wired. Some devices can connect via wifi but not wired. I've rebooted both M5s numerous times as well as the FiOS ONT and the results are the same. I've tried moving them around which shouldn't affect a hardwired connection but at this point I'm desperate. 

Short of ripping it all out and throwing it into a dumpster fire I am just about out of ideas. I am going to try and downgrade the firmware to v200924 to see if that (hopefully) has any effect. 

Am I the only one with this problem? 

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5: no wifi or wired connections
2021-02-07 11:26:17

@jhbass 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Did you have the same issue when rolling back to the previous firmware?

If yes, could you please help me check the following information and we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers:

1. Could you please provide a picture of the network structure of the Deco system?
  2. Would the Deco turn red when the wireless connection was disconnected?
  3. How long have you had the Deco units?
  4. How many devices are connected to the Deco’s network via a wireless and wired connection?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco M5: no wifi or wired connections
2021-02-07 15:04:08

@TP-Link 

Hi,

I've been in touch w/support and they have suggested that I change my DNS settings to:

Which I have done and will see if there is an improvement.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 549

Replies: 2

Related Articles