Can I use more than one RE300 TP-Link extender or a different model with RE300 extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I use more than one RE300 TP-Link extender or a different model with RE300 extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-12 19:13:27
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a TP-Link RE300 AC1200 that is connected to my modem, however the single is pretty week in some areas so was thinking of getting another extender to strengthen the signal. My question is can i use any other extender brand or another tplink model with my RE300? and if i decide to get another RE300 will it work with my current RE300, meaning will it extend the signal further then the first RE300 extender does ? Thank you for any info.

Regards,

RMoove. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I use more than one RE300 TP-Link extender or a different model with RE300 extender?
2021-02-16 05:45:07

@RMoove 

HI,

It would be much better to have the same model to work together.

And if the whole house is under the same electric meter, the powerline adapters might be a better choice:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/powerline/

thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options