username or password is incorrect (upon connection)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-18 22:00:42
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

hi, ive got a macair and when i try to connect to the tplink to configure it, it right away shows the incorrect usernema or passowrd troublemshooting

when connecting through my phone, same thing. doesnt even ask for password, shows that message right away. tried resetting the device multiple times.

how can i solve thiis?

thanks in advance

Options
4 Reply
Re:username or password is incorrect (upon connection)
2021-02-22 07:21:11

@rolobi Please close the incorrect password page which automatically pops up. Clear the  browsing history/ cache of Web browser, and manually put in " tplinkrepeater.net" or "192.168.0.254" to login to tp-link Web page. 

When reset your range extender, please power it on and use a pin to press the reset hole for 10secs until most Leds flash once. Hope this could help~

Options
2021-05-18 13:49:45
I am facing the exact same issue. I am trying configure my range extender (was previously working) via web GUI to extend an existing wireless network's coverage I reset my TP-Link WiFi extender (using a pin) and then connect to the TP Link SSID. go to the url http://tplinkrepeater.net/ and straightaway get the page that says : Username or Password is incorrect. Please refer to the troubleshooting below: Is the "Caps Lock" enabled on your keyboard? The username and password must be lowercase, please ensure that the "Caps Lock" LED is disabled on your keyboard and try again. Forgot your username or password? Please reset this device to the factory default settings if you have forgotten your username or password. The default username and password are both set as "admin". Note: The settings will be restored to factory default after the resetting. How to restore this device to the factory default settings? Firstly locate the reset button on the rear panel of the unit, whilst this device is powered on press and hold the reset button for more than 5 seconds, this device will then reboot and restore itself to the factory default settings. I have tried accessing the webGUI from different laptops, mobiles, ipad and I get the same page. How can we solve this? thanks
Options
2021-05-18 13:52:01
Though I am able to ping 192.168.0.254 but when I put this IP in the browser I get nothing (page cannot be displayed, etc)... I get the same page that says username and password is incorrect if i open the url tplinkrepeater.net
Options
2021-05-19 01:20:27

@speedera Hello,

• Turn off VPN  settings ; turn off mobile data on your mobile phone
  • Clear the browsing history and cache and try a different Web browser on your laptop
  • Make sure RE 's default SSID is the same as the SSID on the back label of your range extender
  • Please power on your range extender try factory reset again: 

Reset: whilst this device is powered on press and hold the reset button for more than 5 seconds

Connect to range extender's default SSID, and check the IP address and gateway address, put in gateway address in the address bar to login RE

If still failed, please ping default gateway and share us the photo of IP address & gateway and the ping results

May I know what devices (including model & OS) you have tried to login RE?

May I have a photo of the back label of RE and  a photo of the Error message. 

Options