Terrible Performance after upgrading firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-19 02:39:18
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201013 Rel. 64606

I recently used the app to upgrade to the latest firmware, my network has become awful.  I can no longer connect to the xbox service, streaming is buffering, just going to a website can have tons of errors. Is there any way to go back to an earlier version? It doesn't matter if its wired or wireless, its the same problem with all devices.  Is there any way to go back to an earlier version of the firmware? I'm currently on x20 (1.2)  1.0.5 Build 20201013 Rel. 64606

Options
4 Reply
Re:Terrible Performance after upgrading firmware
2021-02-19 03:32:11

@Godz101 

Hi, we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers, and could you please help me check the following information:

1. Before the firmware upgrade, have you noticed any instability issues?
  2. Would the LED lights on the Deco turn red when the connection dropped?
  3. Could you please try to turn off the fast roaming and beamforming, as well as the Mesh technology on the Deco APP to have a look?
  4. if possible, could you please only leave the main Deco and test whether the connection gets much more stable?

By the way, could you please draw me a picture of the network structure of your Deco system?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-19 03:44:44
No, there weren't any instability problems. The lights were all green. They're still green now. The network is three of the access points connected by ethernet. There's one upstairs, one in the living room, and the main point is in the office where it connects out to the fios box. There are a few switches that also connect to the AP's that allow some devices to connect via ethernet as well. I turned off beamforming and fast roaming was already off. I can try connecting to just the main deco later.
Options
2021-02-19 12:41:48

@Godz101 

So I tried going with just one access point and disconnecting all the others.  I continued having the same problems.

After that,  I got the router that my isp had given me, connected that to the internet, and using that wifi, everything seemed ok.

I set the deco to access point mode, connected it to the isp's router, and I continued having all the same issues. 

Doing some tests on the xbox, also seem to fail.  Outbound Port: Needs to be open if you want play games outside your home shows up on one of the menus also.

But I'm not sure that's the issue here.

Options
2021-02-19 12:56:16
One more thing. After taking the xbox off the deco network and connecting it to the wifi from the isp's router, my problems have been fixed with that. So the problem is definitely with the deco after that update.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 611

Replies: 4

Related Articles