Change wireless protocol

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Change wireless protocol

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Change wireless protocol
Change wireless protocol
2021-02-21 06:13:13
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently got quicker internet. The provider installed different wifi access points that got me about 450 mbps speed. But I missed Deco's management possibilities so much that I am putting them back. However, I now only get 150 mbps on my laptop (though nearly 500 mbps on my iPad). I think it may have something to do with the wireless protocol I use on my laptop. 802.11a/b/g Wireless mode is set to 5Ghz 802.11a, and 802/11n/ac Wireless mode is set to 802.11ac. I think these need to be changed, or I need to change something in the Deco. In the first case, I don't know what the change. In the latter case, I don't know where to change it in the Deco. Could someone help out plz?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Change wireless protocol
2021-02-23 09:54:06

@Cronos 

Hi, can I have a picture of the current wireless protocol on the laptop

Since there is no way to change the wireless protocol on the Deco yet, we might need to focus on the computer;

At the same time, could you please help me check the wireless link speed on the computer as well:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2265/

thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 309

Replies: 1

Related Articles