Deco P9 Backhaul Instability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-11 14:15:18
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

I've had the Deco P9 (3 set) since November 9th 2020.

When it is working, it works well. However, one of the P9 (the one in my home office) units keeps disconnecting once or twice per day. The backhaul never shows connected via powerline (only wifi), which is the reason why I bought the P9s in the first place.

On day 1, when I first set up the P9s, I had intermitent backhaul connectivity via powerline. In some cases it showed both powerline and wifi (via the Deco mobile app) which was weird. This powerline connectivity didn't last long. A month after I bought the P9s, whenever I check backhaul connectivity since, it always shows only wifi. And this wifi connection seems to be unstable.

The WiFi backhaul connectivity isn't great either. And it seems to keep dropping. The Decos are each on their own floor: floor 1, floor 2, floor 3.

This is extremely annoying. However I can no longer return this system, as I'm past the return date. What should I do now? Call it quits, swallow my pride, and get a proper working mesh WiFi system? Or is there a solution for these problems?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Backhaul Instability
2021-03-12 02:15:19

@JoseAfonso 

Hi, Did it only occur to the Deco P9 in the office; how about the other satellite P9?

If possible, could you please swap the location of the two satellite Deco P9s to see whether the issue always follows the same one?

(no need to remove and add the Deco again and it could be plug and play.)

After that, there is a beta firmware for Deco, later if it is confirmed the location was not the issue, please update the following firmware to have a look:

Deco P9 V1/V2

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202101/20210118/Deco_P9_1.1.3_20210115_debug.zip

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 742

Replies: 1

Related Articles