Tplink TL-WR844N connectivity issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-15 11:48:13
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I couldn't find Tplink TL-WR844N so I just chose a random router model. I bought Tplink TL-WR844N recently but I've constantly been having issues.

There are 3 light, one for power, one for lan cable connection and one for internet connection. If the internt connection light is green it means you're good. I have the green light for a bit but then it turns red and begins blinking red which means the rotuer is not able to get any connection. I thought I might have a faulty lan cable but I put it in my old router and it was just fine. What is the issue and how could I fix it? Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tplink TL-WR844N connectivity issues
2021-03-16 01:42:58

@Ashar 

May I know who is your ISP? Is the old router provided by them? Is there a modem? If there is one, please connect a computer to the modem directly to check if you can get a stable connection.

If only the old router can get a stable connection, please confirm with your ISP if there is any limitation like MAC binding with the old router, release it, then connect to the new WR844N to confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 469

Replies: 1

Related Articles