RE105 Wireless Speed Slower Than Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-24 20:45:41
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 20201026

This thread is for thr model RE105, which apparently is not even in the list of models to choose from in threads, hence the reason I haven't found anything about it.
Anyways, my current wifi directly from my router is in 200Mb, able to have a download speed peaking at 18Mbps. The RE105 extender (which says it can have up to 300Mb) only gives me up to around 4Mbps. I've tried relocating it, factory resets, firmware updates and change in the SSID. I tried to change the frequency to one of 5Ghz, but this extender only accepts 2.4Ghz connections. I'd really appreciate some help here.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE105 Wireless Speed Slower Than Wifi
2021-03-25 11:01:58

@Zeek-Link50 

Thank you for your feedback, Model RE105 is added now. 

The speed that RE gets directly from router is quite important,  please test what is 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi speed from Router at  the Same Location of RE

As RE105 is a single Band range extender, when compare the speed, please test router 's 2.4Ghz speed. 
Please check the actual speed and Wi-Fi link speed when your device is connected to Range extender & main router separately and share the results here: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/709/

If possible,  please get a  laptop which can wire to Extender and test RE's  Ethernet speed.

Kindly note that range extender get speed from router first then forward to your PC or clients, this communication is one- way only at a time,  RE's speed could decrease around 50% during this transmission. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 1

Related Articles