Deco 9m plus continuously disconnects between main deco and satellites after firmware 1.5.1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco 9m plus continuously disconnects between main deco and satellites after firmware 1.5.1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-30 23:36:53
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hello comunnity 

Yesterday i upgraded to the last version 1.5.1. After a successful upgrade in all 3 decos (I have de 3 pack v2 m9 plus), all the satellites started to suffer multiples and random desconections between them and the amin deco.

I've been using the system for a year without problems.

After the firmware update 1.5.1 it's a mess, unstable connections, red lights blinking for hours. Tried restarting, reseting, praying, etc.. 

prevoiusly i had firmware 1.4.9

please fix this! It's unusable.

Options
20 Reply
Re:Deco 9m plus continuously disconnects between main deco and satellites after firmware 1.5.1
2021-03-31 01:03:58

@Flood 

Hi,  I would be glad to forward your case to the senior engineers;

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Can I have a picture of the network topology of your Deco system?

2. How did you restore the internet connection of the satellite Deco units?

3.Please help me save a copy of the system log from the web interface;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco 9m plus continuously disconnects between main deco and satellites after firmware 1.5.1
2021-03-31 01:36:03

I thought I was going crazy.  I had similar issues except they started when I went to the 1.5.0 firmware.  I had no issues whatsoever with my decos until I upgraded.  Now I get  random disconnects of my deco connected via ethernet backhaul.  I gave up using that approach.  It would work for a few hours and then go red.  Restarts won't fix it. The worst is the main deco.  If it reboots due to a power outage or me unplugging it, the main unit stays at red until I disconnect my LAN cable.   Once I do that it detects my internet and turns green.  I can then plug my LAN cable back in and things work again.  I can no longer rely on it when I am away from home.  If it reboots I will no longer have access to my home computers and cameras.  I wish there was a solution, but I haven't found one yet. 

Options
2021-03-31 01:52:02

@BuckeyeDeco 

Hi, 

Can I have a picture of the network topology of your Deco system?

As for the LAN cable which could fix the issue, I guess it is the cable connected to the computer or network switches, not the one between Deco and modem, right?

And may I know who is your internet service provider and how about the model number of the cable modem?

When the main Deco is solid red, can I have a screenshot of the IPv4 settings on the Deco APP: More>advanced>Ipv4?

Currently, the latest firmware for M9 plus is 1.5.1, would you please manually update to this firmware first via web UI: http://tplinkdeco.net

https://static.tp-link.com/2021/202102/20210220/Deco_M9_Plus_V2_1.5.1_210126.zip

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-01 00:12:46

@TP-Link 

Here is the ip4 screen you requested.  Same problem today where main deco would stay red until I disconnected the LAN cable. 

Internet provider is spectrum.  Cable modem type is Arris TM1602a. 

I've updated to 1.5.1 today. 

Main deco is connected directly to the cable modem. 

A second deco is paired to the main over wifi. 

A third deco is connected to the main via a LAN.  Main deco - > switch - > switch - > switch - > third deco.  I used this configuration successfully for several months until updating to 1.5.0 firmware.  The ethernet backhaul will stop sporadically.   Trying to pair the third deco is next to impossible.  It will find the deco, say it pairs and then sometimes it will show up, other times it won't. 

Options
2021-04-06 08:42:10

@BuckeyeDeco 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box later.

Options
2021-04-24 20:08:31

@TP-Link 

Same issue here, 1.5.x firmware and continuous deco disconnects. Updated to latest 1.5.3 and still issues. Either red blinking, or even some stay green but are disconnected. Even with Decos just a couple of meters away from the main. Only the wired deco connections stay up. Product becomes really useless. 

Options
2021-04-25 01:30:32

@Peter.R 

Hi, did this issue start just after the firmware 1.5.0?

Can I have a picture of your Deco network diagram, such as ISP modem---main Deco--<Wi-Fi>--2nd Deco and 3rd Deco?

Please also log into the http://tplinkdeco.net and save the system log to me;

By the way, how did you restore the connection when the internet is disconnected?

And how about the disconnection frequency on the satellite Deco units?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-27 12:40:41

@Flood i got the exact same problem yesterday when I upgraded til 1.5.1. 
Perfect stability until yesterday, then a max(!) of one hour before one or both satellites turn red. 
Main deco is functioning, but for now I just think I have to power off the two satellites so I at least have some WIFI. 

Please fix this ASAP.

Options
2021-04-28 01:47:48

@GeirG

hi, I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

please have a check of your email box.

Thank you.

Options
2021-05-03 15:23:19

@Flood I´m having the same problem and started after the update. Extremely difficult to predict and causes a lot of headache when working from home.

Main Deco (connected to internet) seems fairly stable but the 2 satellites drops more frequently. 

Support needed please!

Options