Wifi signal intermittently weak or nonexistent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-01 12:27:35 - last edited 2021-04-16 10:12:41
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210125 rel.37999

Morning all. I have my Archer C7 hooked up to an Xfinity modem. All lights on both units are green and the speed test, when working, is acceptable on both units. There are times when I am unable to connect to the router. All lights are still green and if I log into Tether the AC7 generally starts working. 
Any ideas?

Cheers

Options
6 Reply
Re:Wifi signal intermittently weak or nonexistent
2021-04-29 06:07:00

@Jajo0427 

When you login to the web page of the router, are the CPU and memory showing normal? How many devices connected to the router at that time? Were some devices downloading large files or playing games, or any other high load activities?

Have you ever connect the Xfinity modem to the computer directly to test if the internet is always working stably? If not yet, please confirm this first, ensure you have a stable connection from the modem.

If you haven't reset the router to factory defaults, give it a go first, then reconfigure it from scratch, then monitor again.

If the issue persists, try to disable the NAT Boost under Advanced -> System Tools -> System Parameters page.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-29 11:51:08

@Kevin_Z  thanks for the info. I reset the whole system and the connection while green is no longer a problem. Now I am having a problem with the wifi button turning orange/red every now and again. I just reset the Archer to fix this. Any ideas what to do?

thanks so much 

Options
2021-04-30 05:48:24

@Jajo0427  Which button are you referring to? I don't think the Wi-Fi LED will change the color, it should be green flashing all the time.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-30 12:58:10

@Kevin_Z  the button on the far right goes to red/orange. My xfinity modem still works fine when this happens. I just power the router in/off when this happens. Thanks and sorry for the confusion. 

Options
2021-05-06 03:54:21

@Jajo0427 

That is the Internet LED. If the internet LED becomes orange/red, there will be no internet connection on the router. 

Ensure the cable between the modem and the Archer C7 is plugged in correctly, try with another cat5e or cat6 cable if possible.

What kind of connection type you are choosing on the router? Dynamic IP? When the LED changed to red/orange, please login to the router web GUI to check if there is still a WAN IP address on the Status page. Try to do a ping test by launching the Advanced > System > Diagnostics, ping 8.8.8.8, then ping www.google.com. If 8.8.8.8 is pingable while www.google.com is not, try to manually set the Internet DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the router to confirm the connectivity.

Options
2021-05-06 12:05:02

@Kevin_Z  will do. Next time it happens I will follow those steps and report back. Thanks. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 7

Related Articles