New LAN IP range on power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-01 13:30:44
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20291211 ref 42330

I have a Raspberry Pi to run Pi-Hole and have set it's IP as the DNS.
I also have a number of devices in the house that rely on the IP address of other devices (music servers/players, printers,  etc.)

When my house loses power (which it has three times in the past month due to weather) the LAN IP and DHCP server seem to reset.  They might be 192.168.0.x or 192.168.3.x

How do I set a more permanent LAN range so I don't have to set up things again?

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:New LAN IP range on power outage
2021-04-07 03:48:21

@Zubaz21 

Hi, it might be caused by the IP conflict;

Deco will use the following information to detect whether there is a conflict.

LAN IP+ subnet mask==WAN IP+ subnet mask

LAN IP+  mask==WAN DNS+ subnet mask

And if there is a conflict, Deco will change the LAN IP automatically, especially after a reboot or power outage;

I have seen some users use the Raspberry Pi-Hole as the DNS server to filter ads.

If you have the same request, it is suggested to manually change the DNS server on the clients themselves and keep the WAN DNS settings by default on the Deco;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:New LAN IP range on power outage
2021-04-07 13:27:07

@TP-Link You are correct that I am using a local DNS server. 
And now I understand that the IP address of the DNS serve makes the system *appear* like there is a conflict.

However, being able to HAVE a local DNS server (a pihole) was one of the reasons I selected the Deco M9Plus for my mesh.

would be a better s

I appreciate that setting the DNS for each device would fix my issue, it would be a better solution to address the issue at a single point of failure, the M9 firmware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 2

Related Articles