Internet disconnecting frequently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-06 15:30:03
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 build 20201117 rel.41066

Hi Team,

Please rectify my issue , my modem disconnecting often and displaying red colour led light. After few minutes it's back to normal and again it's disconnecting.please rectify my work is getting affected by this.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Internet disconnecting frequently
2021-04-06 19:06:28
Is everything ok with the network cable? Can you replace it for the test?
Poland
Options
2021-04-07 02:42:00

@HKuser2509 

Please refer to jimas's suggestion to check the Ethernet first, ensure it is good. 

To locate the issue, we would like to know some more details:

1. Who is your ISP? Is there a modem? If there is one, please connect a computer to the modem directly to check if you can get a stable connection.
2. When did you purchase the A6, was the issue occurring when you began to use it, or it happened recently?
3. Please share with us the whole system log on the A6 when the internet drops then recover, but don't restart it, as a restart will clear the previous log record.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-07 09:24:46

@jimas yes I replaced but problem presist

Options
2021-04-07 09:29:01

@Kevin_Z  i brought tplink on 14-Mar-2021, my ISP having a Modem and its connection is stable. But TPlink is not connecting to internet. How to fetch a log file?

Options
2021-04-07 09:43:59

@Kevin_Z  I have attached the system log

File:
syslog-2021-04-07.log.txtDownload
Options
2021-04-08 01:40:59 - last edited 2021-04-08 01:42:00

@HKuser2509 

Thanks for the log. 

According to the log you attached, it seems that the router was just restarted and connecting to the internet again, did you restart it by powering off then on? We need to analyze the router log during the issue happens, including those before and after the disconnect. So please ensure the router is always on, don't turn it off.

If you didn't restart it, please pay attention to the LEDs on the router front panel, check if the LEDs become abnormal when the disconnect happens, including the PWR and Wi-Fi.

Please kindly attach a picture of the power adapter for the A6 router, ensure it is 12 V ⎓ 1 A.

BTW, who is your ISP?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-16 13:41:13

@Kevin_Z 

Hi I have attached the power adapter and ISP is a locel network named BMS , BMS modem no issue all led light are green but tplink only the WiFi light not in green during when ever this problem occurs.

File:
IMG20210416190703.jpgDownload
Options
2021-04-16 13:42:36

@Kevin_Z  I am attaching my log again where it stopped service and again resumed by itself. Plz do needful

File:
syslog-2021-04-16.log.txtDownload
Options
2021-04-19 01:12:23

@HKuser2509 

Thanks for the follow-up. To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 909

Replies: 9

Related Articles