Setting up IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setting up IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setting up IPTV
Setting up IPTV
2021-04-09 16:02:33
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 181127 Rel.56357n(4555)

Hello and greetings to all.

Just got this Archer C20.

I need help to set up one of the out ports as an IPTV port in order to connect my TV to it. I use Netflix and Amazon.

My ISP in Johannesburg, South Africa tells me that this is a setting that it is supposed to be supplied by TP-Link.

Anyone out there that can help?

Regards

Tony

Options
5 Reply
Re:Setting up IPTV
2021-04-09 18:24:41

@ynotamil Netflix and Amazon TV don't need any ports only they need only internet access. Matter with IPTV you can catch here -> https://www.tp-link.com/pl/support/faq/1546/

Poland
Options
2021-04-10 10:11:58

@jimas 

Hello @JIMAS,

thanks for your time to help me on this.

Yes, in a way you are right, a "simple" internet connection suffices to receive Netflix. That is what I have now, and I can play the movies/videos from Netflix and Amazon.

But I do not get the videos/films played in surround sound, (5.1). The previous router that I had before this, also had 4 LAN ports, but one of them was hard-wired as IPTV, the others were Internet ports. So, no fiddling with settings at all. That  router about 3 months ago was killed by a lightning strike that hit my house. By then, I had a good surround sound effects, obviously when playing videos/films encoded in 5.1 sound. Ever since I installed this TP-Link router I no longer have surround sound. Then I noticed that the LAN ports on this new router are "soft ports" i.e. you can configure anyone or all of them as INTERNET or IPTV ports. Hence, my belief that the lack of surround sound now is due to the fact that the signal is output by the router as an Internet/data signal, without the surround sound facility. This in a way contradicts your comment  Netflix and Amazon TV don't need any ports. If that was the case, TP-Link wouldn't create the facility to set the LAN ports either Internet or IPTV.

Any comments by you or anyone will be greatly appreciated.

Options
2021-04-11 08:27:02

@ynotamil Can you setup it 

Poland
Options
2021-04-11 15:57:24

@jimas 

Yes, I know about that set up. And those parameters are what I am after

I need to know if IGMP VERSION is 2 or 3.

Then in MODE what do I select:

Is it BRIDGE,

or SINGAPORE,

or MALASIA-UNIFI or MAXIS 1 or MAXIS 2,

or VIETNAM,

or PORTUGAL-MEO, or PORTUGAL-VODAFONE

or AUSTRALIA

or NEW ZEALAND

or RUSSIA.

After all those option you still have another one "CUSTOM" which on itself it has 8 sub-options to select, each option with multiple choices; this option alone is a nightmare if you want to try your luck and select one by one.

Those parameters are for sure to be supplied by my ISP (Home-Connect in Johannesburg), but they are such a bunch of uninformed and lazy bunch. They just told me to request that data from TP-Link. In a way if TP-Link were a bit more professionals here, they would interfere, contact the ISP and give me some help. But it looks to me that they are as bad as my ISP; TP-Link told me to search this forum for help. Can you believe how unprofessional they are? They just sold the router and tough luck if it doesn't work. This teaches me a lesson: NEVER BUY AGAIN OR RECOMMEND TP-LINK.

Any ideas?

Options
2021-04-12 10:00:10

@ynotamil 

Whether you should choose IGMP v2 or v3 depends on your IPTV provider, the same for the Custom settings. The router gives you the options for different ISPs, only with the correct info provided by your ISP can you connect to their IPTV server. So please confirm with Johannesburg support.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2003

Replies: 5

Related Articles