Recommendation for DSL router for homeworking. Good WAN and Wifi connectivity?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-06 08:20:39

I want to replace the DSL router supplied by my ISP. It's old: the WAN connection drops and WiFi is not reliable.

I have a number of TP-Link devices including 4 Gigabit TL-PA7010P Powerline adapters for the 4K TV etc.

Do you have any recommendation for a router for working from home? 

The VOIP connection is particularly important as I make a lot of calls with the job. Sometimes I work on WiFi as the Powerline link stops working occasionally.

Thanks for reading!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Recommendation for DSL router for homeworking. Good WAN and Wifi connectivity?
2021-05-06 09:20:38
More info: my connection is VDSL2 and I only get about 22MBps due to distance from cabinet. I see the TP-Link Archer VR2100 is on offer at Amazon and may well go down that route. I do some gaming but I'm no point and shoot online warrior!
Options
Re:Recommendation for DSL router for homeworking. Good WAN and Wifi connectivity?
2021-05-07 07:25:57

@dboy 

Hi, Archer VR2100 does not support VOIP, VR2100V does and you could have a look at this model Or the following modes on this link:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/?filterby=4903

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 2

Related Articles