DFS channel stored but router gets back to non-DFS on 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-18 09:35:03
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20210205 rel.12759(4555)

Hello,
i have an AX6000, i wanted to reported the problem back to the DFS channel.
I have forced channel 116 (DFS), after some time it loses this channel and changes to e.g. 1 (which in some cases may be understandable).
It would be nice if after some time (if the channel is free) it would return to it again - unfortunately, but it does not happen, only restarting helps.

Options
7 Reply
Re: DFS channel stored but router gets back to non-DFS on 5GHz
2021-05-20 08:38:12 - last edited 2021-05-20 08:39:37

@wirszews 

Hi, please update the router firmware to the latest version first:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax6000/v1/#Firmware

As for the DFS channel, generally, only the 5G network supports DFS channels, while channel 1 is for the 2.4G, so can you confirm how did you verify the channel issue in more details?

You can disable the Smart Connect feature on the router, then check again if the issue persists.

BTW, are there Onemesh range extenders in the network? If no, try to disable the Onemesh feature on the router, then confirm if there is an issue.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-05-21 09:46:41

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, please update the router firmware to the latest version first:

ok i updated. I don't know why the router said I have the latest update. I do not know if it will help, I have to wait for the router to change the channel and if it comes back

As for the DFS channel, generally, only the 5G network supports DFS channels, while channel 1 is for the 2.4G, so can you confirm how did you verify the channel issue in more details?

sorry, I actually gave a channel for 2.4G radio.
I meant channel 36
The problem is that the router itself does not return to this channel

this is what it looked like - a clipping

You can disable the Smart Connect feature on the router, then check again if the issue persists.

I have this feature turned off from the very beginning.

BTW, are there Onemesh range extenders in the network? If no, try to disable the Onemesh feature on the router, then confirm if there is an issue.

I have OneMesh turned off from the very beginning

Options
2021-05-21 12:04:25

@wirszews 

Thank you very much for the clarification. Please monitor if the issue still persists after updating to the latest version.

BTW, as for the DFS channel, please be aware that when the router detects radar signals on a currently used 5 GHz DFS channel, such as 116, then it has to stop using that channel within 10 seconds and switch to another available channel.

Furthermore, after the router has detected radar on a DFS channel, it is not allowed to use that channel for at least 30 minutes (called "non-occupancy period").

However, at the end of that 30-minute period the router may check if that channel is now free from radar signals and thus available for use. If there is no radar detected for a specified period of time (apparently either 1 minute or 10 minutes, depending on the channel and/or region), then the router can switch its Wi-Fi transmission to the original channel again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-05-21 12:56:45

@wirszews 

no issues on my ax6000 (uk)

manually selected 140 dfs and it stays there.

check that zero wait dfs is ticked and i have channel width on 2.4 and 5g as auto.

what i have learned is.. only change one setting at a time and then reboot.

Options
2021-06-01 07:29:29

@Kevin_Z 

sorry for a long response time, but only yesterday the router switched to another channel.

Unfortunately, the problem still exists on the latest software

BTW, as for the DFS channel, please be aware that when the router detects radar signals on a currently used 5 GHz DFS channel, such as 116, then it has to stop using that channel within 10 seconds and switch to another available channel.

yeah i know the problem is it doesn't go back to the DFS channel

Furthermore, after the router has detected radar on a DFS channel, it is not allowed to use that channel for at least 30 minutes (called "non-occupancy period").

However, at the end of that 30-minute period the router may check if that channel is now free from radar signals and thus available for use. If there is no radar detected for a specified period of time (apparently either 1 minute or 10 minutes, depending on the channel and/or region), then the router can switch its Wi-Fi transmission to the original channel again.

The problem is, it doesn't

I have zero wait dfs marked.

Only when I restart it, it will jump to the DFS channel

Options
2021-06-01 11:01:48

@wirszews 

Hi, please update the firmware to the latest version, then confirm if the issue persists:

If it is, we will ask a support engineer to investigate further.

Options
2021-06-01 14:19:23 - last edited 2021-06-01 14:19:53

as I wrote, I updated the software

Archer AX6000(EU)_V1_210223

I've 1.2.2 Build 20210223 rel.78164(4555)

Options