Decco M5 - Port Forwarding Does Not Work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-18 15:17:57
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.54 Build 20210302 Rel. 57126

Hi Everyone,

I have an open case with TP-Link regarding port forwarding not working for the Decco M5 for VPN passthrough. My home network is Motorola Arris Surfboard Model SB6190>Decco M5 (as a router) > Decco M5 (1st AP) > Decco M5 (2nd AP). My VPN client will not passthrough but works fine if I'm hard wired directly into the Motorola Arris cable modem or via  mobile hotspot. Troubleshooting steps attempted:

Decco M5 - Hardware version 3.8

Firmware - 1.54 Build 20210302 Rel. 57126

• Connect directly to the Motorola Arris Surfboard cable modem and mobile hotspot - Successful VPN connection
  • Disabled all AV/Windows Firewall - Failed
  • Decco M5 firmware updated - Failed
  • Double NAT - Confirmed this is not the issue
  • Public IP - Confirmed this is whitelisted on the target employers firewall
  • Enabled port fowarding for UDP 5008 (VPN Client) and reserved a static IP for the PC - Failed

I've read through a number of postings for individuals encountering the same issues. If you have further suggestions, it would greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Decco M5 - Port Forwarding Does Not Work
2021-05-19 02:38:41 - last edited 2021-05-19 02:56:25

@Northshore 

Hi, thank you very much for the detailed information.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance;

At the same time, May I know what kind of VPN connection set up for the VPN server, like L2TP, IPsec, or OpenVPN?

By the way, have you set up any parental control rules for this VPN client?

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 1

Related Articles