Deco M5 dropping Ethernet Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-21 07:16:56
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

I've just purchased two deco M5's and set the main one up as the router and the second one as an access point connected to my home ethernet network via a netgear gigabit unmanaged switch. 

All very easy to set up, but I'm finding after a few hours the router deco seems to drop the Ethernet connection completely, whilst the Wi-Fi remains working. The light on the main deco remains green. To start with none of my Ethernet connected POE devices (cctv etc) would work with the deco as the router either. 

I've been doing some troubleshooting with a tp-link technician and mysteriously the POE devices issue has resolved itself, however I'm still loosing the Ethernet connection after a few hours. 

just wondered if anyone else has come across this as supposedly I'm the only person to have experienced this issue. 

If I go back to my old set up and use my Apple time capsule as the router and set the two decos as wireless access points, the set up is very stable and they provide very good Wi-Fi coverage. I have no Ethernet issues in this configuration, so it's got to be something to do with the deco dropping the Ethernet when it's in router mode. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 dropping Ethernet Network
2021-05-21 08:47:03

@FlyBHX 

Hi, when Deco worked on the wireless router, was your network topology like this:

ISP modem--main Deco M5---Netgear gigabit unmanaged switch--<cable>--2nd Deco M5;

The Ethernet connections are all behind the switch, right?

By the way, Are all the Ethernet devices are POE security cameras?

When they are losing the connection, would there be any error message?

How about the LED light on the 2nd Deco and Did it stay green as well, or turn red?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco M5 dropping Ethernet Network
2021-05-21 09:45:44

@TP-Link 

Yes the connection with the deco in router mode is:

Modem>Deco (router) >switch> 2nd Deco (access point)

Yes all ethernet connections are beyond the switch as I have a built in household ethernet system. The POE devices are Ring CCTV camera and tp-link outdoor access point. Both POE devices remained powered when ethernet dropped out, and all data lights on switch ports were lit. When ethernet lost 2nd Deco light was red but main deco light green.

Whist troubleshooting with tp-link technician (ref:TKID210505505), after firmware update the POE problem seemed to be resolved. But ethernet dropping out of a few hours remains an issue.

I still have an open ticket with support, this was really to find out if anyone else had experienced the same issue.

Richard

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 542

Replies: 2

Related Articles