Devices Unable to Connect to Satellite Decos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-27 02:05:30 - last edited 2022-01-18 10:33:14
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20210302 Rel. 57126

I bought 2 Deco m5 1pack models online. I've upgraded the units from v1.3.1 I think to v1.5.3. After an overnight use the main deco dropped and experiencing slow internet connection and devices are having a hard time to connect. So I swap my deco units and upgraded the firmware to 1.5.4 via downloading it and accessing it's webpage but still no luck. So I'm just using the other deco for a while. Then I bought another Deco M5 1 pack and upgraded it's firmware to 1.5.4 as well and set it up as a satellite deco. After less than 3 hours of use. Devices are now connecting only to the main deco. Not sure what went wrong here. 

Now I'm planning to downgrade the firmware of the 3 deco units that I bought. I'm from the Philippines and check it's download center for it and it's showing Deco M5(EU)_V3_200221 as the latest firmware to download so will try that out. Previously I downloaded from the US download center and it's latest firmware was Deco M5(US)_V3_1.5.4_210302. I was thinking that is the one for my deco unit since at the back it's says my deco is US/3.0 and was also able to update to v1.5.3.

Will be following this https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2958/ to downgrade. Browsing through the forum that v1.6.0 will be release soon but not sure if that'll fix my issue.

Anyone experiencing the same with their device?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Devices Unable to Connect to Satellite Decos
2021-05-27 02:54:10

@josesnjn 

Hi, there is no need to downgrade the firmware currently;

If possible, Could you please help me check the following information first:

Currently, there are 3* Deco M5 and the issue you have is that all the devices are connected to the main Deco even though they are next to the satellite Deco units?

How many devices do you have and what are these devices?

Are they able to get a good signal when connecting to the main Deco?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Devices Unable to Connect to Satellite Decos
2021-05-27 09:27:36 - last edited 2021-05-27 09:30:11

@TP-Link 

Yes that's my issue.

We have 16 devices that are connected to the Deco this devices are the ff:

1 smart TV
1 chromecast
4 Laptops
1 PC

2 iPads
2 iPhones
4 Android Phones
1 Smartwatch

Devices gets a fair to strong connection to the main deco. Although shouldn't they connect to the satellite deco instead since it's signal would be stronger? I also did try connecting my laptop to the Satellite deco and the deco is really slower compared to the main deco. I do get 40 Mbps speed sometimes connected via LAN but most of the time I get less than 10mbps and If I do connect via wifi I get around 12-20mbps sometimes it can hit 40 mbps on a 2.4 gHz wifi signal.

Before getting this issue I was getting a decent 35-40 mbps and was connected to the 5 gHz signal of the satellite deco. Could this be a hardware issue?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 646

Replies: 2

Related Articles