Archer C80 Red Light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C80 Red Light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C80 Red Light
Archer C80 Red Light
2021-06-03 03:39:22
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 210308 Rel.60033n(5553)

Hi, I just woke up, then when I wanted to open my cellphone. my internet can't be used. I tried to google about this. I've done several ways, such as turning off the modem and router Simultaneously. But still can't. Can you help me?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C80 Red Light
2021-06-03 07:01:27

@Atticuu 

If the LED is red on the C80, that means it disconnected from the ISP modem, be sure that you get a stable connection by connecting a computer directly to the ISP modem bypassing the router with the same Ethernet cable first, then check again if there is still a WAN IP address on the router web page when the internet disconnects.

BTW, who is your ISP? If there is still a WAN IP address on the router when it disconnects from the internet, you can try to change the DNS server on the router to something like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ((go to Advanced > Network > Internet), then reboot it again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-03 08:23:28

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, I've tried your way, which is to check if there is still a WAN on my router. I've checked it on the modem and router. both still have WAN. and also I've changed the DNS but still can't.

Btw, my ISP is Indihome.

Options
2021-06-04 03:21:38

@Atticuu 

Did you test the internet connection by wiring a computer to the ISP modem directly? Is there an internet access?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1351

Replies: 3

Related Articles