random connectivity problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-15 16:31:34
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20200908 rel.69273(5553)

I'm having random internet connectivity problems, I ran some speed tests over the wifi 2.4 and 5ghz network, and I noticed a very high packet loss, around 4 to 46%. It's not a constant problem, I don't know what the real reason is, maybe an update would solve the problem. Another one, the connection speed when tested, practically, never reach the real contracted value, I also believe it is a problem with the router, since I have internet via fiber, which is very bad, since the aforementioned router model has 3 cores for processing . I would like to request a review of these and other requirements and that updates be made to resolve these issues.

Options
3 Reply
Re:random connectivity problems
2021-06-16 05:41:05

@Hildimar 

Hello, can you please confirm if the issue starts when you first install the router in the network, or it happens recently? Is there any change in the network or on the router?

How many devices are connected to the network, are all having the same ping spike issue, or this only happens on some specific devices? Try to reset the router to factory defaults, reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again if the connectivity. BTW, please don't change advanced settings, such as QoS or Parental Control.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-07-10 14:33:54

@Kevin_Z This packet loss problem happens randomly. At home I have 10 devices connected, 3 by cable and 7 by wireless network (3 by 5ghz network and 4 by 2.4ghz), occasionally, I perform ping test by cell phone on the 5 and 2.4ghz network, and always 50 to 70% of these tests happen, detect a very large loss of packets, and I'm usually 2 or 3 meters from the router. I tested it for 3 different devices, 2 smartphones and 1 notebook and the results were the same.

Options
2021-07-12 02:11:38

@Hildimar 

Hi, have you tried to reset the router to factory defaults, reconfigure it from scratch to confirm if the issue persists. BTW, how about the wireless settings on the AX73, can we have some screenshot about it? You can cover the SSID and password for security concerns.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 470

Replies: 3

Related Articles