Parental Control Redirects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-18 09:45:09 - last edited 2021-06-18 10:01:25
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201117 rel.41066(5553)

i have parental control enabled for some sites and when i open those sites from a device it redirects to a parental control page saying the site is blocked. how to disable the site is blocked page. i don't want others to know that i have blocked them. my old tp link wr740n router had a dedicated access control feature that didn't show the "site is blocked" page

Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental Control Redirects
2021-06-18 11:50:04

@Souvik30 

It's a matter of FW implementation - there's no such feature implemented - pay attention that Access Control is now in Security menu section:

In older/entry level devices Access Control feature was/is implemented differently with some extended options:

Hence the difference in response between those.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-19 12:08:45

@terziyski 

Yes i understood that.. i want a selected group of IP address not be able to access some websites.. the parental control only allows by mac address.... i am requesting to bring this feature . All the useful features from the old routers are removed.. 

Options
2021-06-19 12:57:34

@Souvik30

Here's the section to file a feature request:

Before posting, check if that hasn't been requested already.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-20 21:46:59

@terziyski 

Requested.. hope they bring these basic features back.. tp link is losing it's standard.. next time I'll have to think twice before buying to tp link products

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 4

Related Articles