How to use single Deco M5 as range extender??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-04 05:27:35
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I bought single unit of Deco M5. 

My modem is place in drawing room and see signal is weak in office hence want a setup which can given enough range there.

Since I have single piece of M5 do I need to connect to ethernet port only and it will still help or should I use as range extender?? 

In latter case how should I use this as range extender wothout connecting through ethernet to modem??

Please help.

Thanks,

Gaurav 

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to use single Deco M5 as range extender??
2021-08-04 05:35:00

@gg7589 

Hi, if there Is only one M5, no other Deco units, the M5 needs to be wired to the ISP router via Ethernet cable.

If you want a wireless range extender, you could have a look at the following products:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/range-extender/

Options
2021-08-04 05:41:26

@TP-Link 

So can one M5 can cover 2000sq ft area ?? I have 300 Mbps connection. 

Which range extender you suggest I can use with M5 if needed ?? 

Thanks,

Gaurav 

Options
2021-08-04 06:36:49

@gg7589 

Hi, the advertised coverage is tested under open space with little interference and the actual wireless coverage might vary in different network scenarios.

Which range extender you suggest I can use with M5 if needed ?? 

-----Maybe I did not express it clearly. If you already have a Deco, the same series of products would always be better. So one more Deco M5 would be most recommended.
(the previous one needs to be wired to the ISP router, the new one could wirelessly connect to the first M5.)

If you don't want Deco, range extenders, like Wi-Fi 6 extenders RE505x or 605X, or Wi-Fi 5 extenders, RE450 or RE650 would be suitable.
And all of them could be wirelessly connected to the ISP router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3336

Replies: 3

Related Articles