new to routers - basic queries

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-09 02:11:56
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v0001.0
Greetings community!

please bear, Newbie here.

I am Ramkumar from Puducherry, India. I had purchased a 4G LTE router with model number TL-MR100 from a local retailer. This is my first time using a router on my own, so I would like to get clarified on the following queries that I have.

1) how to properly turn off the router (not wifi alone, i mean complete router shutdown)? is it ok to directly turn off the switch of the power socket to which the router is connected? or is there any shutdown process like we have for computers?

2) Is it good for the router if I turn it off regularly at night and turn it back on during the start of the day?  Because I hardly use the internet during night time.

3) Do I need to register the product online for the warranty services? If so I need instructions for that please.

I have searched online for answers to these questions but got twisted around with multiple & different answers, that's why I decided to ask in here regarding this. 

Please clear my doubts as soon as possible, so that i can save my device before letting it get fried.

Thank you in advance and be safe!
Options
1 Reply
Re:new to routers - basic queries
2021-08-11 10:09:28

@Ramkumar47 

Hi, please refer to the following answers:

1) how to properly turn off the router (not wifi alone, i mean complete router shutdown)? is it ok to directly turn off the switch of the power socket to which the router is connected? or is there any shutdown process like we have for computers?

Press the power button and wait for all the lights turn off, then unplug the power adapter.

2) Is it good for the router if I turn it off regularly at night and turn it back on during the start of the day?  Because I hardly use the internet during night time.

It is ok to turn it off regularly at night and turn it back on during the start of the day and it is just sometimes the modem needs a while to restore the internet service.

3) Do I need to register the product online for the warranty services? If so I need instructions for that please.

In India, there is no need for warranty registration and you might need to keep the box and the purchasing receipt.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 1

Related Articles