WDS not working between an Archer C-6 V2 and an Archer C-6 V3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-13 11:10:24
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

So , I was trying to set up WDS between an Archer C-6 V3 ( as host ) and an Archer C-6 V2 , but it never seemed to work , on the C-6 V2 the WDS status was shown as ' Run ' and on the host router , it showed the the V2 router was connected. But when I connected to that network, it gave me the 'No internet' error. I tried this on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network. 

The steps I followed to enable WDS were -

Logging in to the secondary router > changing the lan ip to 192.168.0.2 ( subnet of the host router ) > System tools > system parameters > enable WDS > survey > entering the password then saving > disbale DHCP Server.

I also tried restarting the router after doing that , and the WDS status was still at ' Run ' but when I connected to the network it again gave me the same ' No internet ' error.

Options
3 Reply
Re:WDS not working between an Archer C-6 V2 and an Archer C-6 V3
2021-08-13 11:47:19

@sadge 

What is the firmware version of the Archer C6 v2, is it an EU version or a US version? 

When the computer or phone connects to the WDS network, that's the C6 V2's, does it get a valid IP address from the network? What are that IP and gateway? Can you ping the gateway?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-08-14 09:28:32

@Kevin_Z 

Both the Archer C6 V2 and V3 are on the latest firmware and both are EU version.

As for the IP and gateway , the web interface shows both as 0.0.0.0 it's the same for primary and secondary DNS , and I tried pinging the gateway and it didn't work. The connection type on both the router is ' Dynamic IP '.

Options
2021-08-16 05:55:51

@sadge 

Thanks for getting back. Actually, we want to confirm if the computer or phone that connects to the WDS network, that's the C6 V2's, can get a valid IP address or not? You can check that by following the following guide if it is a computer:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/841/

What are that IP and gateway? Can you ping the gateway on the computer?

BTW, we would like to follow it up via email, please check your email box.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 3

Related Articles