Setting parental controls on the TP-link Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-29 20:34:04
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.9.6

Good evening,

I have set up my own "parental controls" for all of my children. This includes shutting down the internet at 10pm. 

However, my oldest daughter has now found out that she can switch to the guest network without any problems.

Is there a possibility to enable this for the set devices as well or to disable it altogether at a certain time?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting parental controls on the TP-link Deco M9
2021-08-30 03:17:32

@Blauwoogje 

Hi,

Based on your description, I do have the following confusion and hope you could help me out:

1. As for the settings of shutting down the internet at 10pm, did you mean the BED TIME settings?

2. The parental control rules are applied to the guest network as well but sometimes, when devices switched from host network to guest network, it might be recognized as a new device since MAC address has changed. So if possible, please turn off the private MAC address on the devices and check again whether the parental control rules take effect on the guest network as well.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 409

Replies: 1

Related Articles