Deco M4 as AP - it refused to switch to AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-29 21:37:23
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a router I want to keep - ASUS RT N66U Dark Knight. But it is not able to cover my whole place with wifi so I need to extend my wifi signal. I set up 3 M4s in "standard" router mode together with original asus router - well, two DHCP servers caused a mess in my net, I wasnt able to print on my printer network, for example. So I figured I need to switch Decos M4 to Access point mode - but I cant. Every time I try I get to the "restart will take 2 minutes" then I get an error in the Cloud and cant reach my Deco ever again - fail to find Deco. So I have to restart it which leads to standard router operating mode again. Main Deco is connected to the asus router with ethernet cable all the time.  Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 as AP - it refused to switch to AP
2021-08-30 02:54:32

@RadekB 

Hi, when the error popped out: “fail to find Deco”, are you still connected to Deco’s wireless network?

--could you please try to turn on and off the Wi-Fi on the phone and connect to Deco’s network again before manually restarting the Deco?

Or Could you please change a different Deco as the main Deco first, then switch the working mode:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 280

Replies: 1

Related Articles