Archer A5 AC1200 wont let sonos connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-31 14:11:44 - last edited 2021-09-02 03:04:14
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0093.0

I had a Sonos system before and the setup was seamless. Since this new router i cant get my new sonos to connect. 

with guidance from sonos i have changed the following, but still no luck.. any thoughts on what to try next would be appreciated. 

from sonos, with my actions in Caps below. 
Please check the following router settings with your router's make:
Most common router settings for Sonos to work.
1) 2.4 Ghz enabled

YES
2) Split 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz (separate SSID for each band) - and the 5GHZ needs its own SSID with 5Ghz at the end of the name

YES
3) Make sure the 2.4 Ghz Mode is set to 802.11 BGN

YES
4) Client isolation should be off to ensure wifi devices can communicate with each other..

TICK BOX IS NOT SELECTS
5) Select a manual wifi channel, do not set to auto

WAS AUTO - I SET TO 10 (2.4)  AND 40 (5)
6) Security type should be WPA2 with AES Encryption

YES
7) Enable UPNP

FOUND THIS IN FORWARDING UPNP - NOW ACTIVE
8) Change DNS to - Primary 8.8.8.8 - Secondary 8.8.4.4

DONE THIS
9) Enable multicast

COULDN'T FIND THIS
10) Disable smart setup or any other setup assistant
11) Enable IGMP snooping

ENABLED
12) Firewall preventing setup and connectivity - set to medium

FIREWALL SWITCHED OFF NOW

13) MAC filtering off

YES IS OFF

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A5 AC1200 wont let sonos connect-Solution
2021-09-01 06:52:23 - last edited 2021-09-02 03:04:14

@Kevin_Z 

Great ill take a look. Although since my post, i have managed to get the amp working. As a last ditched attempt, i also then did a hard reset on the Amp, back to its out of the box factory settings (this has never been setup, but i figured with all the attempts, there may have been some setiings hanging about). Then i tried again, but instead of using my Android app, i used my wifes Apple phone. It all connected nicely.. and now the android and apple are connected without issue now. 

I am thinking i will now go back and re-instate some of the security settings on the router!

all the best duncan 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A5 AC1200 wont let sonos connect
2021-09-01 02:32:28

@dmalcolm 

You can check this thread we published which provides suggestions if you cannot link Sonos to the network:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/271216

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer A5 AC1200 wont let sonos connect-Solution
2021-09-01 06:52:23 - last edited 2021-09-02 03:04:14

@Kevin_Z 

Great ill take a look. Although since my post, i have managed to get the amp working. As a last ditched attempt, i also then did a hard reset on the Amp, back to its out of the box factory settings (this has never been setup, but i figured with all the attempts, there may have been some setiings hanging about). Then i tried again, but instead of using my Android app, i used my wifes Apple phone. It all connected nicely.. and now the android and apple are connected without issue now. 

I am thinking i will now go back and re-instate some of the security settings on the router!

all the best duncan 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer A5 AC1200 wont let sonos connect
2021-09-02 03:04:06

@dmalcolm 

Sounds good.yes You can monitor the connectivity, and let me know if there is anything we can help with.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1091

Replies: 3

Related Articles