Help with Linking 2 Wi-fi extenders together

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-05 16:24:42
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have built a room in my garden that I want the internet in with a good connection. I've bought 2 Wi-fi extender the same. One is in the garden room amd one at the back of the house (halfway between). However, the garden room one still says poor connection. How do I link them together?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help with Linking 2 Wi-fi extenders together
2021-09-06 03:00:28

@mfisher79  Hello, 

May I know the model and hardware version of your Wi-Fi extender, you could get that on the back label. 

When use multiple REs, we connected both two range extenders to the router directly. It is not very recommended connecting second RE to the first RE as the second RE performance could be poor. 
Can you run an Ethernet cable between router and garden extender, or run a cable between the first and second extender. 
You could consider topology 3: router ))(( RE1 --<Ethernet cable>-- RE2 (AP mode), and kindly note that RE2 should support AP mode. 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1401/

Options