HI about Deco X20 Ethernet backhaul connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-19 05:53:29
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi, my I wired my Deco from main Deco to other deco unit, but it can't get any internet, and I using switch to connect is the same result. In the mod router and using PPPOE everyone has a solution that is my issue here?

Options
4 Reply
Re:HI about Deco X20 Ethernet backhaul connection problem
2021-09-19 14:06:59

@GodfreyGan 

Is your Main Deco connected to an ISP Router?

If so don't set PPPoE.. leave it on Dynamic

Options
2021-09-19 14:34:22

@Philbert hi sorry because i dont really know how to set up the whole internet. may i know what is ISP mean? mine is deco in direct connect to my modem. i am using unifi

Options
2021-09-19 20:19:38

@GodfreyGan 

The ISP is your internet service provider, the company to whom you pay for internet. 

Did they provide you a device for connecting online?   if so what model is it?  

That device may already be setup therefore you don't need to set anything on the DECO.

You mentioned Unifi..  do you have a Unifi setup?

Options
2021-09-19 21:51:58

@Philbert Ya they provide a router for me but it is quite old already because I using deco x20 for WiFi 6, so I use the deco to do like an router  . Now my internet can use in mesh system but if want to setup backhaul it don't work 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 4

Related Articles