IGMP Warning V2 igmp router occured! Not matching ours V3.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-03 21:49:28
Region : Thailand

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everone,

Just purchased and installed TD-W8970 couple days ago. Everything are running perfectly accept multicast video streaming from local internet in Thailand. After checking system log, found a lot of IGMP Warning V2 igmp router occured! Not matching ours V3. Does anyone experienced the same issue or perhaps I have missed any configuration.

Thank you in advance for your assistant.

Options
4 Reply
Re:IGMP Warning V2 igmp router occured! Not matching ours V3.
2013-07-06 16:11:51
Hi.
You can disable IGMP snooping for a try.
BTW, are you running some special applications in the Internal network? IPTV? Multicast video streaming from local internet in Thailand?

Options
2013-07-10 19:31:35
Thank you for your advise Alisa. Let me give it a try and will advise the result back. :o

There is no special application running, only live IPTV feeds (via udp) from some of the provider in Thailand.
Options
My soloution
2015-09-09 14:21:07
Hi

so not sure 100% sure about the error but I believe that my Ethernet bridge(TL-WR841N running dd-wrt) connection to my main router (Archer D7 running stock firmware) had a conflicting DNS server.
I had left the local dns server as the default 0.0.0.0 and noticed that my Linux server would loose internet every time it would make an outbound request, in this case an apt-get update call.
Simply setting the bridged router's local dns server to the gateway, in my case 192.168.1.1, seemed to solve the problem.

I believe that running a static ip without using the gateway's ip as the dns server throws the errors. I am used to using the google dns servers with static ips but I have never run through a bridge before and believe I need to change all my dns servers to the gateway.

I hope my solution helps anyone in the future with this problem.

Cheers
Options
2016-03-24 14:28:34
Can you show me with screenshots the steps because I have the same problem. V2 igmp router occured! Not matching ours V3.
Options