Unable to use AX5400 (Archer AX73) as WDS for Main Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-25 20:54:49
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210717 rel62921

Hello All, 

I am trying to use Archer AX73 as wireless acess point from my main fibre optic router(Provided by ISP)

While going inside operation mode i only see option as "use as wireless router" and "Access point"

When i am selecting "Access point" and configure by using "Disable DHCP" and Set LAN IP as different ip from primary IP but same subnet it works over internet only if wired ethernet is available but not working when i remove ethernet cable.

I am trying to look for WDS Bridging in tp link router to use it as Range Extender but its not available. 

I tried following below link but could not sort out. 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/440/

Can someone from community help me out or guide me on the same. Does AX73 somehow supports WDS ?

Thanks & Regards, 

Atul Jain

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to use AX5400 (Archer AX73) as WDS for Main Router
2021-09-26 12:25:15 - last edited 2021-09-27 09:23:59

@AtulJ 

AX73 is targeted as a main router and doesn't support WDS bridging.

You already saw that it has an AP mode implemented natively.

I would suggest to use the AP mode, since it's more reliable in terms of bandwidth and stability.

Probably the cabling is a problem, but if you manage to resolve this, you'll benefit from that in the future.

But if you're keen to use the Wi-Fi6 device with WDS feature, you could try AX6000 or AX11000 - I've seen that they support it.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Unable to use AX5400 (Archer AX73) as WDS for Main Router
2021-09-27 07:13:59

@terziyski 

Thank you for replying back , but i cannot use AX73 as primary router as it doesnt have Fibre Port and my Internet Provider is using the same. 

So i have to use AX73 as secondary router only and can be used as wired access point and not wirelessly.

So i have to look for alternative routers but unfortunately whatever wifi6 routers(TP Link/NetGear/Linksys) specs i have gone they are not coming up with WDS feature.

So either i have to settle down with wfi5 router with WDS feature or WIFI6 router with wired AP.

If you have any further suggestion on it then it will surely help.

Thanks & Regards,

Atul Jain

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5040

Replies: 2

Related Articles