Deco M4 is losing packets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-13 23:44:33
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.8 Build 20201225 Rel. 50156

I'm losing packets 🙁

One of three or four packets on average is either lost or takes a loooong time to go. When normally using the internet, it sometimes just freezes (on YouTube, on internet browser etc.) and it won't go if I won't disconnect from wifi and connect again. This problem happens all the time, it doesn't matter what time it is or how many devices are currently connected. This problem is happening since the beginning, since I first installed the devices.

I have two separate mesh networks in two different locations with two different internet providers and both have the same problem. The internet works fine if I connect to the ISP directly. I've also already tried disabling/enabling fast roaming/beam forming, restarting, resetting... - no difference, although there was once a short period of time, like 20 hours, when everything worked and it was after I turned fast roaming and beam forming off, but then, when I started to make plans to drink champagne... everything broke up again 😕 this has never happened again.

Haven't tried downgrading firmware (don't really know how).

I'm gonna attach screenshots with the ping and a debug log from the time period when I was pinging.

Help please? 🥺

File:
log-2021-10-14.log.txtDownload
Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M4 is losing packets
2021-10-13 23:49:08

I'm also attaching all logs, just in case. This time I rebooted main deco unit through the android app.

File:
log-2021-10-14.log (1).txtDownload
Options
2021-10-20 08:20:19

@bratmucha 

Hi, please try to turn off Mesh Technology on the Deco APP for the devices.

Have you tried to change the DNS on Deco to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4:How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

Did both of your Deco M4 work on the wireless router mode?

By the way, how often did this issue start, and were you able to reproduce the same issue all the time?

Options
2021-10-20 08:50:10

@TP-Link 

If by turning off Mesh you mean this option (as seen in the picture) I've already tried it  

And yes, it happens everytime. It is like this since the plugging in of the units.

Also, everytime the ping looks the same: every fourth (more or less) packet would go like 600ms, then 700, 800 and so on and after about 3 or 4 of those it would get completely lost.

I'm gonna change the DNS settings later today and post the results. Haven't tried this before, so I pray it's gonna work 😁

Options
2021-10-20 14:33:10

@TP-Link 

Unfortunately, it's still not it 🥺

Options
2021-10-21 03:46:45

@bratmucha 

Thank you very much for the update.

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers already and please check the email for further assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 490

Replies: 5

Related Articles