M4 Deco are not connected to the nearest Deco but only to the main unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-27 15:23:47 - last edited 2021-10-27 16:24:36
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210804 Rel. 77124

Hello,

I have 4 units located in approximatly straight line while the main one connected to the router is on one end.

The farest unit is having bad signal connection and its speed is reduced.

I tried the beta firmware also, but couldn't help my farest unit to connect to a middle one instead of the main one which is located farther away.

I did reset to the main unit so the farest unit will not find it, I did reset toeh farest unit but nothing helped.

Any solution?

Options
4 Reply
Re:M4 Deco are not connected to the nearest Deco but only to the main unit
2021-10-28 06:50:21

@Orenfl 

Hi, the previous beta firmware which you have requested on the post is no longer working once you have updated the firmware to 1.5.0.

It is suggested to swap the location of the satellite unit with one of the other 3 units, then check whether the new satellite unit here is able to connect to the nearest Deco.

And the firmware 1.5.0 has added network optimization, have you tried to optimize your network?

Could you please also send me a picture of the floor map about the location and distance of each satellite unit?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-12-01 17:54:56 - last edited 2021-12-03 12:21:55

@TP-Link

Hi,

I just updated to 1.52, all is still the same.

I'm using Network optimization on a daily basis with no success.

Even changing locations of the satellite unit/s doesn't help.

Attached is the home map.
Red is the main while blue ones are satellite.

The bottom blue one should connect to the top one (same floor) although the distance it farther, due to the fact that a thick concrete wall is on the way from the bottom one to the main.

BTW, even puting the top blue unit in a straig line in between the main and the bottom one will not help to change the connection.

File:
InkedOrenfl_LI.jpgDownload
Options
2022-01-21 18:17:26
Any solution?
Options
2022-01-26 13:26:47

@TP-Link

Hi,

Appreciate your response.

I even moved one of the units to be closer to the farest unit and stil the farest one isn't connecting to it, but to the main one although the closer one has full signal and the farest one is with 1/3 orange signal level. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1112

Replies: 4

Related Articles