Router making very high pitched noise.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-02 21:57:28 - last edited 2021-11-25 03:00:34
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hey TP-Link Community,

My Archer C1200 has been working absolutely fine for about 2 years and suddenly right now, it started making a very high pitched noise. 

I tried reebooting it, didn't work. 

I then tried plugging and unpluging all the devices one by one and found that when my NAS is switched off, and connected to the router that's when it starts making that noise. No matter which port I use, or even if I change the cable, it will make that High Pitched unbearable noise. 

Please help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router making very high pitched noise. -Solution
2021-11-25 03:00:28 - last edited 2021-11-25 03:00:34

@sarthakv28 

Hello, I checked the video you attached, but I actually cannot catch what is the high-pitched noise. If you do worry about it and it does affect the network usage, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Router making very high pitched noise.
2021-11-04 08:42:57

@sarthakv28 

When did you start to use the NAS with the router? Can I have the brand and model of the NAS? Does it require an extra power supply when connecting to the router?

If possible, we would like to have a video or audio recording about the "very high pitched noise" when the router is working with the NAS.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-11-06 16:43:21

Hey @Kevin_Z ,

Thank you for your response.

Ans 1: I bought the NAS and the router together about 2 years back and they've been connected to each other since then.

Ans 2: NAS: Synology DS 218+

Ans 3: Yes, the NAS has it's own power supply.

Please find the video attached. Try to listen keenly in the video on high volume and you shall be able to listen to the high pitched noise. I also noticed that this sound keeps coming and going at an interval of few hrs. 

Example: If I switch off my NAS after hours / Days of use, I won't hear the noise for about 4-5 hrs and then it will start ringing at the high pitch.

Video Link: Click to View / Download Video

Awaiting your response. 

Thanks

Options
2021-11-23 04:52:54
Hey, Any update?
Options
Re:Router making very high pitched noise. -Solution
2021-11-25 03:00:28 - last edited 2021-11-25 03:00:34

@sarthakv28 

Hello, I checked the video you attached, but I actually cannot catch what is the high-pitched noise. If you do worry about it and it does affect the network usage, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3218

Replies: 4

Related Articles