Parental Coontrols Time Control off by one hour

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-07 22:57:30
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20210902 rel.35277(4555)

Hi there,

I've had this router for about 6 months and had not seen this issue until a few weeks ago.

I use the MAC whitelist and Parental Controls quite heavily on multiple devices. Recently I have noticed the time Time Controls allow devices to connect to the internet is off by one hour. On weekdays access should be allowed between 5PM and 11PM, instead it's 4PM and 10PM.

The local time shown is correct local time, my time zone is UTC+00:00, and Daylight Saving Time is enabled, though currently off as we're past the October change.

Also, there was a recent firmware upgrade on my device to the latest, which is 1.3.2. But I can't tell if the issue started with the clock change or the firmware upgrade.

The easy fix, though temporary, is simply pushing the Allowed Time settings one hour forward. But I don't like it.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a proper permanent fix?

Thanks,

H0

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental Coontrols Time Control off by one hour
2021-11-08 07:55:47

@Heisenb0rg 

Hello, can I have a screenshot of the Daylight Saving Time Settings on the AX20? Is Daylight Saving enabled or disabled, what is the Start and End time?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-11-08 08:39:08

@Kevin_Z 

Attached.

Thanks,

H0

Options
2021-11-09 06:15:49

@Heisenb0rg 

Hello, thank you very much for the follow-up. We have reported this to the support engineers, they will confirm if there is an issue in the firmware with the Daylight Saving settings.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 609

Replies: 3

Related Articles