Parental controls time off by an hour

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-07 12:05:29 - last edited 2023-05-08 05:34:58
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

All of the sudden, the parental controls are shutting off an hour earlier. Our times are all correct on the devices in question. It's driving my nuts because I have to move the time up an hour (10 instead of 9) to give internet access to 9. I don't understand why this is happening all of the sudden.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Parental controls time off by an hour
2021-12-08 02:04:27

@awall 

Hello, can you please confirm which time zone are you in? Does this issue happen recently or have you just begun to use Parental Control on the router?

Try disabling Daylight Saving on the router, save the settings and reboot the router, then re-enable it to see if it will work as expected again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Parental controls time off by an hour
2022-01-01 18:59:21 - last edited 2022-01-01 19:08:59

@Kevin_Z 

Sorry, I didn't see this sooner. My time zone was correct though it was on "coordinated time" (-5) vs Eastern (-5). This just "suddenly" happened, but when I think back on it, it may in fact have had something to do with the end of DST.

I'm going to play around with the settings that you mentioned & see what happens.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 562

Replies: 2

Related Articles