Backhauling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Backhauling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Backhauling
Backhauling
2021-11-25 04:26:48
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

What is the longest ethernet cable one can use between the main deco and the internet modem? I tried to setup my main deco with a Cat 5e lan cable that is approximately 80m long connected to my internet modem however the main deco could not see the internet. I then put a short patch cable between the main deco and modem and it worked perfectly. I then tried to backhaul from the main deco to my second deco with the 80m cable but then my second deco wont see the internet either or the main deco. Both decos are on the same network. Please help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Backhauling
2021-11-25 12:40:51

@Glenvdm 

In my house, the longest Ethernet cable that connects one of my Deco to switch is about 20m. It is Cat 5e and works just fine, but it is good quality cable. 

Cat 5e as long as 80m is still within the specs, but it should be Ethernet cable of a good quality. You will need to test that: connect one side to internet modem and another side to laptop, desktop, or anything else you could find with wired gigabit Ethernet port. Check what speed will this device negotitate over that cable: 10/100/1000Mbps. 

If you have gigabit negotiated, run speed tests and if they show not less than 850-900Mbps over that cable - it is good quality cable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 1

Related Articles