Backhauling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Backhauling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Backhauling
Backhauling
2023-01-15 16:40:18 - last edited 2023-01-15 16:41:55
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I live in a long house and I am running 4 Deco M5s. I have the ability to run an ethernet cable from the furthest back to the main Deco that is plugged into the router. There is wifi connectivity between each M5.

Would i be better linking each M5 together via cable or just the furthest away M5 back to the main one?

It's all above me I must admit!! 

Thank you, 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Backhauling
2023-01-15 18:10:26

@Trick753 

It would be better to link each Deco M5 with Ethernet cable, if you can. Worth the effort.

If you can't, there is still significant benefit of linking just furthest away Satellite M5 to Main Deco by Ethernet cable.

In this setup you are going to have two Satellite M5 that are connected wirelessly. I am assuming all four are placed in straight line. Using Connection Preference in Deco app, make one of these two Satellite M5, the one that is closest to Main Deco, to connect to Main Deco. Make second Satellite M5 from these two connect to wired Satellite M5.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 248

Replies: 1

Related Articles