Strong oscillation in the DSL internet speed VR600v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-04 12:19:44
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.7.0 0.9.1 v0075.0 Build 200616

I have VDSL2 Internet in Germany via Vodafone (ISP Vodafone/Arcor_VDSL(über Telekom)) and the Archer VR600v seems to have some problems processing it. The speed is fluctuating a lot:

The minima are around 20 MBit/s, sometimes down to 5 Mbit/s which causes problems in video calls and video streaming.

My old AVM Fritzbox 7360 doesn't have any problems and has the average (Durchschnitt) download speed > 50 Mbit/s constantly.

The problem is same for LAN and Wireless connection.

When I do a factory reset, the speed is fine for couple of days and then the problem occurs again. After a normal restart, the problem doesn't fix itself.

Before, I had VDSL2 from Deutsche Telekom (same infrastructure and cables) without any problems.

Any idea what could cause the problem? Answers in English or German are very appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Options
1 Reply
Re:Strong oscillation in the DSL internet speed VR600v
2021-12-10 08:11:50

@hobil 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

Could you please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. A screenshot of the device information under Advanced>system tools>firmware upgrade>Device information.

2. the system logs on the modem.

3. When the internet speed is fluctuating, have you noticed the DSL upstream/downstream rates fluctuated as well?

(it is under Advanced>Status>DSL )

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 397

Replies: 1

Related Articles