Android devices fail to connect when I set a custom dns server in the same range.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Android devices fail to connect when I set a custom dns server in the same range.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Android devices fail to connect when I set a custom dns server in the same range.
2021-12-10 07:06:34

@TKwsNi 

Agree that this is interesting. Have you ever talked with Xiaomi about this interesting issue? What are their opinions? I run out of ideas, we may wait and see if there is someone else providing any clue.frown

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Android devices fail to connect when I set a custom dns server in the same range.
2021-12-25 12:35:44

@TKwsNi 

Let me help a little:) Looking at the picture you posted I see the first bad thing - your lease interval is 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.190 and your DNS server is in the same interval - 192.168.0.104. You must fix this as this may cause IP collisions with the client, which will try to take 192.160.0.104 IP and the DNS server which has this IP already. Configure lease interval to exclude your DNS server, or configure reservation for 104 IP with some non existent mac at least.

Now lets come to android devices which are not working. Please check their network configuration. Have they got IP address from your router's DHCP? What exactly DNS server was configured on these Android devices, when they got IP from your router's DHCP - the one you are trying to set via DHCP or some different one?

Options
Related Articles