DECO M5(V3)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M5(V3)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO M5(V3)
DECO M5(V3)
2021-12-26 02:58:07
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 20210819 Rel. 43499

I recently bought 3 pack Deco M5, I have managed to get it all three node connected n functioning.

But after a while one of the Deco is reported disconnected from the network, when i checked to the unit, the LED on the Deco is flashing Red.

As i want to reconnect it to network, I removed the faulty Deco from the list then trying to add it back after I reset it (since the LED is keep flashing Red instead of Blue).

The problem is this deco could not been found even if I put it side by side with the main Deco.
Only thing that can make this Deco be found is to connect it thru a Ethernet cable with other Deco.
Is this Deco defective in wireless part? Can I claim warranty for this problem? Or is there any step that I can follow to get this Deco working again wirelessly.

Options
5 Reply
Re:DECO M5(V3)
2021-12-28 11:00:06

@Nuge 

Hi, since there are two satellite units, would it always be the same unit that cannot be added into the Mesh system?

If it is always the same unit no matter where it is, please reach to the local support team to check for a warranty.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/replacement-warranty/​​​​​​​

Options
2022-01-02 03:21:26

@TP-Link 

Thank you for your response.

I have brought the faulty Deco M5 to local service center for warranty check and replacement.

Warranty claim was accepted and i got a new Deco M5 as replacement.

Though the version of replacement Deco M5 is not the same (lower that the original Deco) but all three of Deco are still working fine wirelessly at my home setup as long as the lower version Deco is not set as Main Deco.

Options
2022-01-02 13:14:37 - last edited 2022-01-02 13:16:11

@Nuge 

Your replacement node has outdated firmware. As long as it works for you, you can leave it as is, but eventually your Deco mesh will start getting behind in bug fixes and new features. Unless you upgrade that Deco firmware to the current 1.5.7 like two other M5s you have.

If Deco app tells you all your Deco have latest firmware, you may need to upgrade firmware on that Deco manually. After you perform an upgrade, next time new firmware is available you should be able to upgrade them all though Deco app, without issues.

Here is the link: How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Bookmark it and when you have time, follow that document to upgrade firmware on your Deco M5 with 1.3.14 to 1.5.7

Options
2022-01-02 13:44:55

@Alexandre. 

Yes i noticed one of Deco (the replacement one) has outdated firmware compare to other Deco.

That difference is due to different version of Deco, the original Deco's version is 3.2 while the replacement Deco version is 3.0.

The 1.5.7 firmware is the latest for now for Deco M5 version 3.2 and the 1.3.14 firmware is the latest for Deco M5 version 3.0 in my region (Indonesia)

Will it be okay, if i upgrade the Deco M5 V3.0 with firmware originally for Deco M5 version 3.2?

Options
2022-01-02 13:57:58 - last edited 2022-01-02 14:13:02

@Nuge 

My region is US and I have had 1.5.7 for my Deco M5 (V3.0) for a while. I thought TP-Link released it everywhere. 

I am not sure if you can upgrade M5(3.0) with firmware for 3.2, you may wish to check with TP-Link Support or with your local service center. Perhaps, if you ask them, your local service center may even swap M5(3.0) they gave you with M5(3.2), so that you can have consistent hardware in your Deco mesh. That would be an ideal solution, if TP-Link does not release same firmware for different M5 hardware versions simultaneously.

The hardware version of the Deco M5 unit can be found on the sticker at the bottom of the unit, in US model it is right after S/N.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1265

Replies: 5

Related Articles