No internet in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No internet in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No internet in AP mode
No internet in AP mode
2021-12-26 11:38:08 - last edited 2022-01-08 14:35:41
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

My 3 Deco M9 plus units work in router mode and are connected to a sky Q router.

If I switch to AP mode after it reboots I get internet connection, solid green light and the devices get their new addresses from sky router. but in less than a minute the light turns solid red, I loose internet on deco, they disconnect from router and the sky router does not list the deco, I try rebooting, router and deco but no change.

Switching back to router mode everything is restored.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No internet in AP mode-Solution
2022-01-08 14:29:21 - last edited 2022-01-08 14:35:41

@Nightfly With the help from an engineer from TP link we established the problem was being caused by sky Q box connecting via wifi to deco,  the sky router on but wifi turned off.

In my case I  was able to have a wired connection from sky q box to a nearby deco which works perfectly. I could have also connected wireless to the sky router but I did not want sky wifi on.

Big thank you to TP link engineer for his time and patience.

The problem seems to be the Sky Q box and the Sky Q router form their own mesh system and don't want anything joining in. If I were using the Sky Q box with a different ISP there would not have been any problem.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:No internet in AP mode
2021-12-27 12:25:46

@Nightfly 

Hi, I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, May I know the model number of your SKY Q router?

Options
Re:No internet in AP mode
2021-12-27 12:47:20

@TP-Link Sky router model ER115.

Options
Re:No internet in AP mode-Solution
2022-01-08 14:29:21 - last edited 2022-01-08 14:35:41

@Nightfly With the help from an engineer from TP link we established the problem was being caused by sky Q box connecting via wifi to deco,  the sky router on but wifi turned off.

In my case I  was able to have a wired connection from sky q box to a nearby deco which works perfectly. I could have also connected wireless to the sky router but I did not want sky wifi on.

Big thank you to TP link engineer for his time and patience.

The problem seems to be the Sky Q box and the Sky Q router form their own mesh system and don't want anything joining in. If I were using the Sky Q box with a different ISP there would not have been any problem.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 899

Replies: 3

Related Articles