Mesh as an AP / same SSID??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 12:48:34

Question.

I have a TP Archer C1200 downstairs which functions as a router for my glassfiber connection.

One floor higher I have a TP Archer C50 wired connected to the c1200, functioning as an AP.

Because I have some WIFi issues at the top floor /attic, I'm considering to replace the C50 by a Deco M4/M5/M9+ 3-pack, to boost the WIFI at the top two floors. With only the first node/station as an AP wired connected to the C1200 again.

But.. is that possible? Will it work if the WIFi downstairs comes from the C1200 and at the top floors from the Mesh Decos?! Can I put the settings at the same SSID and channel which is configured on the C1200? And is seamless roaming then guaranteed when I switch floors?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mesh as an AP / same SSID??
2022-01-12 06:13:05

@BL0510 

Hi, It would work under layout: ISP----C1200---<cable>----M4/M5/M9~~~~<wireless>~~~~M4/M5/M9.

As for the seamless roaming, it could not be guaranteed since C1200 does not support the 802.11 k/v/r roaming protocol.

But if the mobile devices supported roaming protocol, they could still switch to stronger AP but the switching delay might be noticeable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 236

Replies: 1

Related Articles