PLC backhaul in mixed deco environment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-18 15:45:40 - last edited 2022-01-18 15:48:00
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm trying to understand this sentence mentioned in the P7 FAQ: Note: When Deco P7/P9 works with other Deco models, the PLC Backhaul feature will only take effect when P7/P9 is used as the Main Deco.

I'm trying to set up my network as drawn below, but my P7 (marked red) only uses the PLC for a very brief moment (few seconds) before it switches to a very weak Wifi signal coming from a M5 deco.

Is this a normal behaviour? Does it mean that my current main deco (top M5) needs to be a P7? The location of the main M5 and red P7 are not on the same power grid...

FYI: lights on both P7 power adapters are green.

Regards,

Hans

Options
1 Reply
Re:PLC backhaul in mixed deco environment
2022-01-19 06:09:21

@Hans_C 

Hi, normally it is recommended to use Deco P7 as the main Deco.

Since these two locations are not under the same power grid, how about the other two Deco M5 units in red which are wired to the main Deco?

Please try to switch the location of the first P7 with one of them to run a test.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 372

Replies: 1

Related Articles