What on earth has happened to the Deco app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-25 18:00:39
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 20201228 Rel. 55057

I've had a 3-node mesh of Deco P9s running for the past 5 months. The Wi-fi performance around the house is great but recently the functionality of the Deco app (iOS) seems to have taken a huge step backwards. When I was first configuring the nodes I could click on the Internet 'world' icon at the top of the app and it would show me the online/offline state of each node. Clicking on one of the nodes would then show whether it was using Ethernet, PLC, Wi-Fi+PLC or Wi-Fi for backhaul and which devices were connected to that node. When I now click on a node I simply see a screen saying 'Deco is working well'. Even more strange, clicking on 'Home Network' from the main screen shows a list of the Wi-Fi connected devices but clicking on each device just displays a screen saying 'This device is offline' - go figure as my American friends would say!

Does anyone else see this problem?

Is there a fix on the horizon?

How on earth did this slip past QA?

As it stands at the moment the Deco app is doing nothing but take up valuable space on my phone!

Options
2 Reply
Re:What on earth has happened to the Deco app?
2022-01-26 03:12:51

@Vumad 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know your Deco APP version?

Can I have some screenshots when you click the word icon, it only displays "Deco is working well", then no more details?

As for "all clients are offline", if you wait for a while, would any online clients gradually show up?

By the way, could you please go to Deco APP>settings on the top left>help>contact us>suggestions and add the APP log, and send the feedback to us?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:What on earth has happened to the Deco app?
2022-01-26 09:23:38

@TP-Link Thanks for the quick reply. This is just so weird! I've seen exactly the same behaviour/screens on my iPhone and iPad for several days now, but having just fired up the Deco app on my iPhone this morning then everything is back to normal!

Would you still like me to send the logs?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 2

Related Articles