Speed and connection issues with P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-27 06:53:47
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 built 20210616 rel.31654

Every second day or so the decos having connection issues and wifi is extreme slow.

my wired systems are working ok.

Overall I have since 2 years stability issue with the decos. first with the P7s and after replacing them with P9s same issues. Ethernet backhaul is now working slightly better.

i had 3 support cases open but still this incredible issues. My network switches are all TP-Link products!

I am very disappointing that it's not possible to have a running stable solution from TP-Link.

I hope that soon a new firmware is coming to address this issues and lack of features like manual channel selection, config backup, network optimisation....

Options
6 Reply
Re:Speed and connection issues with P9
2022-01-27 10:03:37

@Lexivienna 

Hi, I am also eager for the new firmware Thank you for your time and patience so far.

But Frankly speaking, the new firmware of P9 is a little bit slower than other models.

I see you used Deco P7 before and the powerline performance is not expected in your network scenarios, have you considered using Deco M9 plus instead, the tri-band Deco Mesh?

Or before using any powerline Deco Mesh, Did you use any powerline adapters before, and are they working well as expected?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-01-27 11:48:30

@TP-Link 

it's not the powerline performance.

EG 3 decos are connected via Ethernet backhaul and they also drop connections and are sometimes extremely slow.

i have in total 6 P9. 

Options
2022-01-28 13:08:41

@Lexivienna 

Sorry to hear that your Deco P9 has the exact same issue with your Deco P7. When did you purchase your 6 Deco P9 and when did this issue get started?

May I have your current network topology? Have you noticed how often Ethernet backhaul does not work and which deco keeps doping connection?
If you could also provide me more information about your speed problem, I would appreciated. 

Options
2022-01-30 16:19:00

@TP-Link 

please send me a private Message so I can reply with the information reques

Options
2022-02-01 07:26:50

@TP-Link 

I got the P9 2021

The issue started something like 3 weeks ago. The ethernet backhaul is now stable comparing with the P7.

The speed problems are loading time issues. The devices need pretty long to connect also internally in my network eg from my PC to my fritzbox.

I am running the decos as APs.

I can send you my network topology via PM if you send me an email

Cheers

Alexis

Options
2022-02-17 10:23:56

@TP-Link

would be nice to get a response....

Options

Information

Helpful: 3