MR600 v2 poor internet speed and stability?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-29 18:31:14 - last edited 2022-01-29 18:33:22
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0

Hi,

We've just bought a house in a quite distant place with bad signal. LTE router is the only option how to connect this place to internet. There already was an external antenna mounted on the roof - with two SMA cables (approx 10m). I've purchased TP-Link Archer MR600 v2 (latest firmware version). And the connection is quite unstable. Avg. download speed is around 2Mb. What can I do to boost up and stabilized the connection to at least 5-10Mb all the time? If I replace the SMA cables to shorter ones the improve the situation? Or should I set up something in the router?

Thank you very much.

Options
1 Reply
Re:MR600 v2 poor internet speed and stability?
2022-01-30 04:08:36

@adamekcerv 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

May I know if you insert sim card into your mobile phone, how much speed you can get and what is the network type and band?

Users can install LTE Discovery App or LTE Cell Info: Network Status to check network type and band info. 

And for MR600, is it only wireless connection slow or both wireless and wired connection slow?

If it is only wireless connection slow, you may try to change wireless channel.

If it is both wired and wireless connection slow, you may change the band of MR600 to the same as mobile phone and see if it helps. 

How to select 4G band manually on the web interface of LTE Gateway Routers?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1964

Replies: 1

Related Articles